Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Lipglosses from CVS Clearance (Review)

The first gloss I'm reviewing is Gem from Sally Hansen's Diamond 12 HR Lip Treament collection.  This is basically just a clear gloss with a hint of shimmer.  It's very sheer so don't expect any of the pink tint to appear on already naturally pinkish lips.  I think Gem is great for day time when you don't want to look too dramatic, but add a hint of pretty.

Next up is Lip Inflation Color-Full in Flattering.  This is a peachy and nude lip gloss with a translucent hue.  It smells like cinnamon or peppermint like some other lip plumping glosses do.  As far as lip plumping effects, I think it slightly makes them appear bigger, but nothing drastic.  You can tell that it really fills out the lines in my lips which is the key to making lips appear fuller.  I love the color against my skin tone and how the gloss makes my lips look especially with the fine hints of shimmer.


Lastly, another Diamond 12 HR Lip Treatment from Sally Hansen and this one is called Princess.  Now this gloss is very peachy and noticeable on the lips as it's more opaque than the other two.  It contains shimmer, but it doesn't appear that way.  I've only worn this gloss with purple eyeshadow or green as it seems to complement those colors the best.  I do like this gloss and it is light enough to wear during the day, but it settles into the lines of the lips as you can kind of see. 


No comments: