Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Massive Makeup and Life Haul

Wish I could have posted more during the past few months, but with school full-time and working 30 hours a week minimum, it gets hard to upkeep on here.  I'm not very good at explaining and showing things through just writing so I'm going to post a bunch of pictures and write the review/update underneath each picture :)

Firstly, this is what I look like without makeup...ha...ha.  I just got through taking Stage Makeup I at my college.  Although I am an Art major and this class is for theater folk, I really wanted to take it for one of my electives because I'm completely enthralled with makeup of all kinds.  This particular image is the Old Age project, probably one of my favorites to do!!  I wish I could do it once a week and wear it out, but that's a little weird.


For this project, we had to find a character from a book or a play with an interesting nose and eyebrow combo and with the help of my boyfriend, I chose Ebenezer Scrooge.  Mind you this is my first try at anything of this sort.  We had to do eyebrow blocking and draw on completely new brows as well as use nose/scar putty to create a new nose.  If I had more time, I would go back and add more wrinkles to the makeup, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

This is my practice for animal makeup.  I chose a cat that lives in the animal shelter I volunteer at.  Below is the final look I did in class.

I had to do eyebrow blocking for this one and the makeup used throughout my course was from the Ben Nye Creme Makeup Kit.  This was soooo much fun for me. 


My other favorite has to be this project where had to choose a celebrity to transform ourselves into with the use of makeup.  I chose Megan Fox because, well, I like her despite the zillions that don't.  I used eyebrow blocking again and drew on the high arches.  This looked awesome in person, but iPhone plus flourescent lighting is just awful.


So this is an awkward picture because I was leaning back, but I really like how my makeup turned out.  The eyeshadow is all from my previously reviewed Victoria's Secret Metallic Eye Palette.  Liner is the wet n wild Creme Liner in black and lip is Rimmel's Infinite Color in Eternal Flame.  It seriously lasted all night on me and everytime I went to the bathroom to put more on, I never needed to!  And why complain that it wont come off later??  You buy products like these for that reason.  Lotion, washcloth, water, it'll come off.  I'm also wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru, but can't remember the bronzer and blush at all :(

Duhh Yep Yep. 
I recently purchased Tarte's holiday palette Puttin' On The Glitz at Ulta when they had their 20% off everything sale.  Shadow, blush, highlight, bronzer and lip gloss are all from that set which I would like to do a review on soon.

Wearing Victoria's Secret's new palette in Masquerade exclusively on my eyes besides the liner and mascara.
Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light 01
Concealer: MAC Studio Sculpt NW15
Blush: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy powder blush in Poppy
Highlighter: MAC Soft and Gentle
Eyeliner: Physician's Formula Shimmerstrips custome eyeliner for green eyes (Black pot)
Mascara: Maybelline Collosal in Black
Bronzer: L'Oreal Project Runway Blush in Audacious Amazon (I liked it better as a bronzer)
Lip: Victoria's Secret lipgloss in Blush


Decided to pick this up at CVS for $1.99.  It also came with a fast dry top coat.  That's the main reason I bought it and I really love anything that is vibrant violent.  This is definitely more purple in person, but eyecatching nonetheless.  "Good consistency" too (haha Cartman).

LIFE PORTION:

We had to put my dog Jenny down on September 26th.  She was two months shy of turning 17.  I miss her every day, but she's certainly in a better place and that makes me happy <3


These guys are my brother and his wife's French Bulldogs, Coco and Jake.  They are soooo cute, I can't stand it.

Here's Jake on Halloween dressed up as a cop.  Hehehe.  He looks just like Stitch from "Lelo & Stitch" if anyone remembers that movie.


Lookie who I come home to every day.  Happy melts my heart or makes me crack up just by looking at her.

OUT AND ABOUT PICS:


Kathy and I at The Mid (Chicago).

Kathy, Patty, and I at Belvedeere for Kathy's B-day.  I used the Conair YouCurl to achieve the hair in case anyone was wondering.



Spy Bar


SO that wraps up this post.  I have a lot more to review!!  It's so overwhelming.  I have an Iwata airbrush system to review too.  EEK!!

3 comments:

Nora said...

You did a great job! That first picture looks REAL.

Hahaha your dog is so cute! He does look like stitch in that photo :)

xo

Starryskies214 said...

I LOVE this post! Your old person makeup... AMAZING! Even more amazing? Your Megan Fox makeup! You look SOO much like her there! Can't wait to see more!

Angie said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. On a lighter note- the make up you did was amazing!!!