Thursday, January 5, 2012

EOTD w/ New Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow

The pictures I have are not the best, but I want to make sure that I keep blogging.  I'm going to talk about some of the products at the end, particularly the Color Tattoo eyeshadow.  Here is a very very simple look that I did in 5 minutes, no joke.

Primer: Claudia Stevens @ Sally Beauty
Lid: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
Highlight: Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadow #388122 (Gold)
Liner (Upper): Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black
Waterline: Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in 08 Touch of Glam
Mascara: Rimmel Extra WOW Lash in Extreme Black




So I really really like the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadow.  I saw them at Ulta a couple of days ago and had to try it because the product reminded me of MAC's paint pots.  I picked up the bronze, taupe, purple, and white shades.  To my disappointment, the purple shadow had a really strange texture that was gummy and could only be worn sheer.  I don't doubt that it could have been a great light wash of shimmery purple for the eye, but I love pigmented purples.  I am in love with the taupe shadow, it reminds me the most of the Paint Pots and it did not budge at all when I wore it.  I have yet to try the shimmery white.

The bronze is beautiful, shimmery, and sooo easy to put on with your finger or a brush.  I used my finger to apply it in the above photos.  It is very smooth and comes to a velvety finish.  I like that it's not a yellowy-orange bronze, but leans more toward the actual color of the alloy.  I wore it yesterday WITHOUT primer for 12 hrs and at the 10th hour was when I noticed minimal creasing and I do have oily lids.  Marketing the product as 24-hour wear does not hold true in my case, but someone with dry skin will surely have this on for a long time with nothing to worry about.  Most people know that products aren't going to last "16 hours" or "12 hours" to the minute.  That's just too wishful.  Overall, this is definitely worth the $6.99 price tag and the second one is half off right now at Ulta.

No comments: