I made an attempt at the look after wanting the Sally Hansen ones that you just stick on, but couldn't justify spending ten dollars on a package. So with nail polishes I already had, I made my own leopard nails. Here's how:
1. Painted my nails with Ulta's Set the Nude Nail Lacquer. No top coat.
2. Make small irregular circles/dots with black nail polish tool. I used Milani's black polish that's specifically made for nail designs. You can get it at CVS.
3. After that dried a little bit, I went back and added white dots in the circles for some dimension. I used a similar polish to the Milani one that I bought from Icing.
4. Let everything dry. Otherwise you will smear the polish which I did. It doesn't necessarily look terrible because it almost adds a fuzzy/furry effect, but it's an unreliable technique to attempt each time.
5. Then top coat to seal the design in.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
I had some reward points that were up to Level 3 so I decided to use that to get a free nail polish and eyeshadow. Set the Nude is a beigey taupe color that is matte. I just tried it today and so far I love it. It only took one semi-thick coat to cover the nail completely. I'm impressed. I have use Ulta nail polishes in the past, but I think that they have changed their formula because the quality of this polish is much better than the last. Usually it's not hard for me to make a little mess on my fingers while painting my nails and with this brush and formula there was none of that. I hardly got a drop on my skin, that almost never happens. Overall, I would give Set the Nude 10/10 unless it chips in the next 24 hrs.
|Pardon my unmanicured nails. I had just taken navy blue polish off.|
|This is my Jenny. 16 yrs old, hang in there.|
|My BF and I saw Crystal Castles at the House of Blues and it was an imtimate and perfect show. I've seen them before and I think this was one of their best performances. Very happy that I got to be there. Thanks to Dave and his friend Alex.|
|This is Lollapalooza during the day.|
|And Lolla at night. It was so much fun. I can't wait until next year!!!!|
|Got to meet Ben Lyons at Lollapalooza.|
|And Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. BB is THE best show I've seen in my life (filming, acting, plot, everything is well done).|