Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Essence Lash Mania Ultra Volume Mascara and Maybelline New York The Falsies Volum Express Review

So I'm going to review two mascaras that I like.

The first is Essence's ultra volume mascara in 01 Hypnotic Black.  I don't know if everyone has heard of Essence cosmetics, but you can find them at Ulta.  They are extremely inexpensive for great quality.  They remind me a little of wet N wild (I still don't know how to write it haha).  Anyway, this mascara is awesome, my lashes hold a curl with it and they have "ultra volume" no joke.  It's a thick mascara without feeling dry.  The tube is the same size as and looks like the DiorShow mascara except I think this is way better.  I have had it for a a couple months now and it still hasn't dried up nor has it become clumpy and unusable.  The picture below was taken today and shows that it's not a dry formula after a couple months.  I think it retails for lik $2.99 and is sooooooooooooooooo worth it.  I have to say this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used if not THE best.

Before
After
As you can see, Essence's ultra volume mascara does an amazing job on my natural and bare lashes.  I did not curl my eyelashes nor apply lash primer before the application of the mascara.   

Next is Maybelline's The Falsies.  I think a lot of us have tried The Falsies by now and there are a lot of mixed reviews.  I decided to go ahead and buy it to see how it worked with me.  The Falsies does curl my lashes and make them look longer, but this formula dries up really fast.  In the picture you can even see how dry it gets because there is a lack of complete smoothness to the lashes.  Also, I noticed that throughout the day that there will be little black flecks from this mascara on my face.  I also feel like my lashes are brittle.  I don't know if I'd ever really buy this mascara again now that I have found the one I just reviewed above, but I don't want to completely dis this product because it does give me a dramatic lash look.  The tube just doesn't have a long shelf life after you open it. 
Before
After
Once again, no curling or primer to my bare lashes before mascara application.

No comments: