Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Conair Instant Heat Jumbo and Super Jumbo Hot Rollers (Review)

Since I have long hair, I wanted to buy jumbo hot rollers, but did not want to pay $50 and up for some "professional" ones.  I've fallen for the professional label before and most of the time, I am either disappointed or there isn't much of a difference in performance.  So I picked up the Conair hot rollers for $30 which isn't exactly cheap, but it's less expensive.

It comes with 12 rollers, 8 are jumbo (purple) and 4 are super jumbo (dark gray).  At first, this does not seem like enough, but it winds up being the perfect amount for my head of hair.  My hair is fine in texture, but there is a lot of it.  It naturally dries wavy/slightly frizzy then it's straight by the end of the day.  It's kinda strange, but I'm not complaining. 

These rollers work really well with my hair.  They heat up fairly quickly and I have no problems rolling them into my hair.  The only problem I have is with the clips!  They are these stiff metal wire-like hooks and they are terrible.  They function, but they are hard to secure and can leave kinks in the hair where there were.  Luckily they seem to smooth out, but not always.  So I've been trying to find roller clips somewhere else, but am not having any luck.  Any suggestions?  They would be very appreciated.  It's a large flaw of the system with an easy fix if I find clips.  So I'm not upset with the purchase because I love how my hair turns out.

RESULTS:

I look like such a b***h in these pics, kinda makes me laugh.

I like to finish the curls with Freeze It Original Freeze Hair Spray 24 Hour Hold.  I really love this stuff.  It makes my hair shiny and keeps it in place.  Plus it brushes out!

3 comments:

shannen said...

Your curls are really nice, they look so natural :)

Shannen Xx

Anonymous said...

love the curls ! and you look like a bombshell! <3

She Likes To Pretend said...

Thanks guys! :)