Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Painted Desert Eyeshadow Palette by Diamond Cosmetics Review

Now this has to be the most inexpensive eyeshadow I have ever bought.  I think I got it at Big Lots for about $1.50.  Sometimes I just like to try out cheap things and then get surprised later.  Well this eyeshadow really is better than what it's price tag suggests.  All of them have pigmentation to some degree and the colors are so very pretty.  They are shimmery but not glittery.  There is nothing cheap about the shimmer consistency of the shadows.  I'm pretty sure these are not sold everywhere, but they have a website: diamondcosmetics.com.  This palette is in the close-outs for .99.  Not sure what ordering from them is like because this is the only thing I bought from them in-store.



Here are the swatches with TFSI underneath.  I don't normally like to swatch with primer, but I did want to show what the colors in this palette were capable of.




And here are a few swatches of my favorite shadows out of the palette.  It's a terrible picture but you can still see that they are not THAT sheer for being soooo inexpensive.


Next is the look I created with the shimmery mauve, shimmery pink champagne and the light pink shadow.  I also used dark silver in the outer corner.  I can never go without dark corners.  I need them.  I took the first couple photos after a long day so my eyes look very tired, but you can see how well the shadows held up after hours and hours of wear.





Sooo my birthday is this week and I decided to treat myself to three new eyeshadow palettes that I don't need YAY!  But they are Urban Decay's Dangerous and Fun palettes and the new Tarte palette that's exclusive to Ulta.  SO expect reviews for those coming up soon.

14 comments:

VampiressDoll said...

Love the shades in this palette. They look so luminous. 3>

Shang J. said...

Yeah they are pretty pigmented. The shades look lovely! XX

Fragancia said...

you look gorgeous :)
i gave you an award on my blog do check it out xoxox

http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

makeup by danisaddiction said...

I have the fun palette...looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

Ashii said...

Hey i've awarded you on my blog!!

Marie said...

I think the palette is pretty good, especially for the price.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Starryskies214 said...

See, if I saw that in a store I probably would have walked right by it. Now I guess I'll have to take a better look!

She Likes To Pretend said...

@VampiressDoll: They are! And that's what I love about them.

@Shang J.: I agree.

@Peach Crush: Thanks again for the award and your compliment :)

@makeup by danisaddiction: I am looking forward too haha

@Ashii: Thanks again, enjoying your blog.

@Marie: I couldn't believe that it was that good for so cheap.

@Starryskie214: Ya I just decided what the hell, cuz normally I'd have ignored it too.

PB and J apparel said...

i awarded you with a versatile blogger award girlie check out my post on it

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! The Pigment is GREAT.

xoxo

http://Ramblingsfromamotherof3.blogspot.com

Musicalhouses said...

Wow for $1.50 those are a good deal! The colours are also very pretty :)

Maria V @SoNailicious said...

Such gorgeous girl with such cool blog! really enjoyed browsing through:)
xox
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com
p.s. I love Beatles too ;)

She Likes To Pretend said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

From Broadway said...

Just a $1.50 for all those colours is a steal!!