Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush VS. E.l.f. Powder Brush

These two brushes are very very similar and I'm going to keep this review short because there is not much to be said.

Similarities:
-Circumference of the flat top part of each brush is the same size.
-The way they buff liquid foundation on is nearly identical.
-Neither brush sheds at all.
-Both are synthetic.

Differences:
-Bionic brush is an inch shorter.
-Bionic is denser with the amount of hairs, but not by a large amount.
-Bionic is softer against the skin.
-Bionic is firmer.
-E.l.f. brush is jiggling loose already from its handle, but it does not bother me.
-Bionic is 13.95USD and E.l.f. brush is 3USD.

Overall, the Bionic is the brush I reach for the most, but if you are looking for a VERY similar and much cheaper alternative go with the E.l.f. powder brush.



3 comments:

Fragancia said...

wow very informative! e.l.f's look a bit harsh compared to bionic's
im your new follower check out my blog and follow if you like :)
http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

She Likes To Pretend said...

The elf brush is surprisingly soft. Looks can be deceiving

Starryskies214 said...

Great review! I gave you an award on my blog because I really enjoy looking at your blog and seeing all of the looks you come up with!