Saturday, April 23, 2011

Urban Decay The Fun Palette (Review)

So I think what really draws me to these palettes is the packaging.  Well that's all part of their product marketing so DUH!  But this palette is just that, FUN.  It's fun because of the artwork and shadows as well.  I'm going to review each shadow individually.

Strawberries are my favorite fruit and skulls my favorite symbol I guess you'd say so this was perfect :)



Woodstock: This is a vibrant dark pink or maybe magenta.  I think it is more on the sheer side, but buildable.  When put on my eyelid with primer, it shows up pretty well.  I think this shadow needs a thicker or white base.  It really makes my green eyes stand out.
Baked: GORGEOUS!  It's a very rich and shimmery golden bronze.  The shimmer in it glistens and looks like it's shooting off sparks.  I love it.
Uzi:  Ew.  Sorry but I don't like chunky silver glitter in anything.  It has a nice shimmery white to it, but the glitter chunks ruin it.  I put a little on my lids and it was just basically glitter.  However I have not tried it on my entire lid which would probably look great for going out somewhere funky which I do from time to time so I can't wait to try it.
Sin: This is your basic pretty champagne color, maybe a little darker.  I love it, I think it's beautiful and multipurposeful.
Flipside: Very aquamarine, I felt like a mermaid wearing it, but a pretty one!  It is sheer like Woodstock with a nice sheen to it.
Psychedilic Sister: I basically bought the palette because I wanted to try this color and why not get 5 more if I get the whole thing.  This reminds me a lot of UD Flash, but a little bit deeper.  Pretty sheen, similar consistency of Flipside and Woodstock.
Oil Slick 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil:  Honestly, I don't like it.  I would have preferred if they put Zero or maybe a crazy purple colored liner, but not this.  It doesn't show up well at all.  Again, it's made with glitter chunks.

Swatches without primer:

With flash, inside.

Without flash, outside.

Without flash, outside, different angle.

Oil Slick Glide-On
Here are some looks :)

Flipside and Sin over UDPP.
You can see the sheerness in this picture.
Psychedelic Sister over smeared wnw black creme liner and Sin.
Sorry about the blur, but you can see where Psychedelic Sister sheers out when it's not on the black liner.
Supposed to look scary ;)
 Pros:
-Versatile
-Good amount for the money
-Packaging
-Paired with eyeliner and primer

Cons:
-Consistency of Uvi and Oil Slick liner
-Wish the shadows would be richer/heavier pigmentation.  

Overall:  I think this palette is great.  I can't wait to try out more looks with it.  I said in another review that I'd review the Dangerous Palette, but I returned it because I already had more than one of the colors.

Anyway, up next for review is the Tarte Palette and the Lorac Private Affair palette.  Also some bronzers. EEK!  And here's a picture of my dog lookin like a hill billy:
I LOVE HER!!

6 comments:

Nora said...

Those colors are so cute! I'm not big on eyeshadow but these look great! :)

xxo

Starryskies214 said...

Haha love the hill billy doggie picture! I really really love the shape you make with your eyeshadow, it's a very sexy shape you make! So pretty!

Amalia J said...

I agree the shape is fabulous! I love the shimmery shades!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Oooh I love that purple look. And the palette looks like fun! I guess that was the intent....

makeup by danisaddiction said...

I love the looks you created, especially the first one. I have this palette...I'm not a huge fan of it...but I am glad I have it for flipside, that color is so pretty!

She Likes To Pretend said...

@ Nora Schu: I agree that they are cute.

@Starryskies214: My dog is crazy cute and funny. Thank you for the compliment.

@Amalia J: Thank you too :)

@Vulcan_Butterfly: Yeah I just went for it, I only had an hour so to get fully ready!

@makeup by danisaddiction: I bought the palette for flipside as well as Pscyhedelic Sister. I can't say I'm a huge fan either, I have better palettes, at least I got it for 20% off.

@