I know it's nasty! But sometimes some of us have a tendency to pick at or squeeze blemishes and blackheads in hopes that they go away. It's a terrbile habit (more like a stress induced habit for me) and should NEVER occur if you wish to keep your skin clear and undamaged. As a result of picking, new blemishes tend to pop up and old ones tend to get worse.
But anyway, when I decide to do this, here is what I do to avoid worsening my skin's condition:
*I don't recommend that anyone do this if their skin is really sensitive (mine is semi-sensitive) or if it just sounds like a bad idea to you.
1. After I've taken the plunge, I gently wash my face with a cleanser like Purpose.
2. After gentle cleansing to clear away dirt, I take a face brush (I use the Face Secrets one from Sally Beauty) and scrub in a circular motion all over my face (avoid delicate eye tissues). I push a little harder on the brush than I normally would for daily use. Use a cleanser of your choice. I either use the same gentle cleanser or sometimes use the Equate version of Proactiv found at Walmart cleanser.
3. Then I pat my skin dry with a clean towel.
4. Next I take the Equate version of Proactiv's third step lotion with benzoyl peroxide and rub it all over my face (not in globs, be reasonable, there shouldn't be excess product on your face). Spot treating doesn't seem to stop the spread of blemishes to the rest of the face.
5. Avoid touching your face from then on, go to sleep! Let the product work.
*If you have Proactiv, go ahead and use that because the ingredients are pretty much the same. I've used Proactiv in the past and the Equate system smells, feels, and works just the same.
Again, I'm no expert, this is just what I found works for me after having this bad habit for years. Almost seems like a miracle that I wake up looking like I've hardly done a damn thing to my face. And I don't know why magazines tell you to hold ice to a inflamed blemish, because I still do this hoping it helps, but it really doesn't make a difference at all and ends up leaving my skin red in spots where I held the ice (yes, it was wrapped in a towel and not directly applied ice to skin). My skin also feels more sensitive after icing. But if it works for you, great.
And my dawgie. Can't get enough of her.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Haha I don't know what to call this look, but I did it before work yesterday and I love it. I felt pretty all day and my makeup only started to fade if even after 8 hours. Sorry my pictures are taken with my phone so they aren't the highest of quality but you can still see what I used.
|Tid bit: Jane's shimmering blush was used only on the highest part of my cheekbone and along the slope of my nose.|
|Tid bit: To line my bottom lash line I used the navy shade from the LORAC palette.|
And although the Green Glow eyeliner is very light and not as dramatic as I paid/hoped for it to be, it's a very pretty accent to the whole eye look.
EXTRAS OF MY LIFE:
My old puppy:
Detroit Electronic Music Festival
Eek, I got to meet Skrillex!
Dress/Shirt that I made all freehand :) First time too. I did watch a tutorial for sewing on the sleeves though. I forgot her name, but it was really helpful. It looks skanky in this picture because of the lighting, but it's not. I would also wear it with tights.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
So a couple a weeks ago, I did visit Victoria's Secret during their Semi-Annual Sale and picked up a few things. I usually get excited about the perfumes that are slashed in price rather than the bras which are still expensive for me. I wish they would clearance the bras down more than they do.
|Lovin' the leopard print one :)|