Thursday, September 1, 2011

wet n wild Comfort Zone Palette Review

So yes, I have seen this out for a while, but I already had so many of the wet n wild palettes that I didn't want to buy another one right away.  But I spotted the light shimmery taupe shade in the upper right hand corner and I was like for 5 dollars I'll buy it.  I love that shade so much. 

 
No Flash
Flash
 This whole palette is extremely pigmented.  I can't believe wet n wild's quality for the price.  The day I bought the palette I was at the Estee Lauder counter earlier in the day buying foundation and was testing out their eyeshadows which are so so and disappointing.  Then I buy this, take it home, and open it to find that the shadow quality is superior to what I was just testing (sorry EL). 

None of these shadows are dusty or chalky, they felt a little like UD shadows to me.  Here are the swatches:

With UDPP, Left/Flash, Right/No Flash:


No Primer, Left/Flash, Right/No Flash:


As you can see, not a huge difference at all between the primer swatches and without.  I did a look with this and I wish I took a picture because it looked very mesmerizing.  I'll have to attempt it again and post it.

In the mean time....

This is an outfit I created at Macy's with clearance items, I didn't buy the cherry jacket because I know I'd only wear it once.  I loved the combo I chose, so I had to take a picture.  I love cheap and cute finds.
I want these grandpa shoes from the Material Girl line at Macy's!!!!
Urban Decay sale order.  One of my shadows was missing from the order and they neglected to tell me that it was out of stock.  3 emails and 2 weeks later, I was sent a polite email telling me I'd get my money back.  But I'm sad because that was what I was most looking forward to using. I have the WORST luck with online orders.
Love Aaron from Ghostland Observatory.  These guys are amazing performers.
Look at their laser light show!! Incredibly magical.



4 comments:

YB* said...

Hey!! I really like your blog, so much that I've decided to present you with the Liebster blog award! http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/09/liebster-award.html

Check it out in the link above! xxx

Cameele Zaballero said...

<3 the cherry jacket. why didn't you buy it?:( lol. Anyway, cute blog ;p

She Likes To Pretend said...

@YB*: Thanks for the award! :) Much appreciated.

@Cameele Zaballero: I didn't buy it cuz I was afraid of it haha. I should try taking more fashion risks.

Sharon said...

Lovely swatches!
great blog

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/